We have encountered some interesting ways in which bone density specialists want to understand their practices. The goal is typically to optimize operations, improve quality, and increase business.
While BoneStation is a great tool for creating DXA based bone density reports, it also can be used to understand the operations of a bone density practice. BoneStation collects a wealth of information regarding the processing of bone density studies, and that information can be used in a variety of ways.
Here are some interesting questions BoneStation users have inquired about:
- Which physicians refer the most patients for bone density scans?
- What’s the turnaround time for a bone density test, where “turnaround time” is defined as the duration from scan to report finalization?
- What’s the turnaround time for each reading physician?
- How many scans does each technologist perform?
- What percentage of scans must be reanalyzed per each technologist?
BoneStation is an “enterprise-class” software application. “Enterprise-class” software is designed to be used by an organization as opposed to an individual. BoneStation is used by technologists, reading physicians, and administrators. As such, it captures information about the entire process of DXA based bone densitometry,
Leave a Reply