We have been asked recently to present a summary of advantages that BoneStation provides to users. In this blog we first list what we believe are the key advantages our reporting solution brings compared to traditional methods. We then refer the reader to the results of a mini survey we sent to our current power users.
Differences and advantages that we believe BoneStation brings versus traditional reviewing, interpreting, and reporting methods for Bone Density Testing:
- faster review
- possibility to view current scan (image & data) and prior scan simultaneously
- no data errors (no manual entry, no paper, no dictation)
- possibility to review scans from anywhere (with web access)
- more efficient workflow
- faster overall turn-around
- more efficient storage of the reports (patient exam, and questionnaire and report stored electronically and linked to each other)
- possibility to interface to EMR
- ability to do queries (data is structured in database)
- better-looking reports
- calculations of BMD changes and FRAX according to ISCD recommendations
- possibility to scale up & standardize across several DXA machines (because use of centralized database)
- possibility to customize your patient questionnaire.
We sent out a subset of ten of these points to our current power users (mostly physicians, and a few technologists) and ask them to pick the 3 most important benefits to their practice.
The results are: 1. the availability of prior scan images during review. 2. the possibility to review exams from anywhere. 3. better workflow compared
You can find the full ranking here: BoneStation Survey